Off-Strip Splash for Wet 'n' Wild
Wet 'n' Wild Las Vegas, located on 41 acres in southwest Las Vegas, will be the largest water park in Nevada when it opens over Memorial Day weekend. A grand opening/VIP event is scheduled to be held on May 24.
A water park with the same name used to be located next to Sahara on Las Vegas Boulevard, but it closed in 2004.
This new attraction will be managed by Village Roadshow Ltd., an Australian entertainment conglomerate, which also holds a 51% ownership share.
The park's main attractions will include:
- Rattler: A three-person ride with twists, turns and descents of more than 40 feet.
- Constrictor: This ride features tight turns with high banks in an enclosed flume complete with corkscrew twists. Riders may hit speeds up to 18 mph.
- Colorado Cooler: A relaxing, 1,000-foot waterway with occasional spray and splash features.
- Canyon Cliffs: Starting four stories in the air, this attraction lets riders plummet into a vertical free fall drop with speeds up to 33 feet per second.
- Splash Island: This 10,500-square-foot playground has five fun zones, nine slides and a giant tipping bucket.
- Red Rock Bay: A giant wave pool with three-foot swells.
- Desert Racers: A six-lane, 44-foot-high, head-first aquatic speedway.
- Royal Flush Extreme: A ride that begins in an enclosed tube before dropping riders into a giant bowl and a splash pool below.
- Hoover Half Pipe: This whitewater-rafting thrill ride drops 57 feet and offers a weightlessness experience.
- Zipp, Zapp, Zoom: These multiperson, intertwined tube slides feature drops, dips and turns.
"It's a dual focus," Wilson said. "We're certainly focusing on the local community first and foremost and then also the family inbound tourism market."
"People have been overwhelmingly excited about the return [of a water park] and have been giving us feedback about what they'd like to see in the park," Wilson said.
Single-day general admission to Wet 'n' Wild is $39.99. Season passes offer significant discounts for those visiting several times over the course of the summer. The water park is located at 7055 S. Fort Apache Road.
- Free cooked to order breakfast
- Complimentary beverages at Evening Reception
- Two Room Suite
- Outdoor Pool
- Fitness Center
- Scheduled Shuttle to Vegas Strip